Driver & Operator
This program prepares you to start a career with a Class 3 Drivers’ Licence and operate equipment such as snowplows, wireline trucks, and hydrovacs.
- Program Length
- 6 weeks
- Currently Offered In
This program provides students with the essential safety awareness and certification, workplace culture preparation, industry exposure, theory and driver training needed to obtain their Class 3 license.
Courses and Skills
- Basic safety certifications
- Driver training and practice time with licensed drivers
- Workplace culture and financial literacy
- Interview & resume workshops to support employment
- Ongoing mentorship and support through alumni advisors
- Class 5 Driver’s License (no GDL)
- A 5 year driver’s abstract without major infractions
- Must be an Alberta resident
Applicants will also need to complete a variety of steps as part of their application.
- Tuition for this program is sponsored by the WBF Industry Sponsors.
- Applicants are responsible for covering the costs of the Government of Alberta Class 3 Knowledge test and a driver’s abstract.
- Additional funding and awards may be available to support living expenses while in the program.
Upon completion, graduates will be interviewed with WBF Employment Partners for potential employment as an entry level Driver & Operator.
March 6, 2023 - April 21, 2023
- Application Deadline
- December 22, 2022
This program will prepare you to obtain a Class 3 Drivers’ Licence and operate equipment.