A breakdown of the general admission requirements for our programs.
The first step in applying is making sure you have all the requirements for the program you want to take. Not sure if you have everything you need? Don’t worry – we can help you get where you need to be.
Please note that all programs require you to pass a drug and alcohol test. If you have questions about this test and preparing for it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
While each program has specific admission requirements, most programs require the following:
- an up-to date personal resumé
- copy of unofficial high school transcripts. Access a copy here.
- pre-interview with an admissions advisor (15-30 minutes)
- full interview with an admissions advisor and in some cases with an employer sponsor (40-60 minutes)
- minimum score on an essential skills test. Test your skills here.
- minimum score (varies by program) on a fitness test
- a completed career investigation
- a Class 5 Driver’s Licence is recommended if not required for some of our programs. An Alberta non-GDL (Graduated Driver’s Licence) licence is required for a few of our programs. Learn more about Graduated Driver Licensing in Alberta.
Get the Specifics
Check the page of the program you’re interested in for its specific requirements:
- Driver and Operator
- Employment Express
- Journeywoman Start
- Power Engineer Career Accelerator
- Professional Class 1 Driver
- Syncrude Heavy Equipment Operator
Need to improve your math skills? Need to upgrade and feeling worried about online learning? Check out one of our free Readiness Workshops here.
Need help with your resume or career investigation report? Connect with a success coach.
Need to improve your fitness skills? Get tips on the fitness assessments page.
Need access to affordable housing so you can take the next step? Visit our housing page to see our affordable suites in Edmonton.