Professional Class 1 Driver
This program prepares you to start a career with a Class 1 Drivers’ Licence and drive semi-trailers, truck tractors and tractor trailers.
- Program Length
- 8 weeks
- Currently Offered In
This program covers essential safety certifications and the hands-on training needed to support and prepare students to successfully obtain a Class 1 license under the Government of Alberta’s mandatory entry-level training.
Important Update: This program is tentatively paused while we work to enhance our curriculum. If you sign up for program updates below, you’ll be the first to know when we’ll be accepting applications again.
Courses and Skills
- Basic safety certifications
- Driver training and practice time with licensed drivers
- Workplace culture and financial literacy
- Interview & resume workshops to support employment
- Ongoing mentorship and support through alumni advisors
What you need to apply:
- Class 5 Driver’s License (no GDL)
- A clean 5-year Driver’s Abstract
- Must be an Alberta resident
Applicants will also need to complete a variety of steps as part of their application.
- Tuition for this program is sponsored by WBF partners.
- Additional funding and awards may be available to support living expenses while in the program.
Upon completion, graduates will be interviewed with WBF Employment Partners for potential employment as a Professional Class 1 Driver. Our graduates are working as local, short haul, and long-haul professional truck drivers
Coming to Edmonton in Winter-Spring 2023 with applications anticipated to open in Summer of 2022.