Power Engineer Career Accelerator
Power Engineer Career Accelerator is a readiness program prior to attending Lakeland College’s accredited Power Engineer program.
- Program Length
- 3 weeks*
- Currently Offered In
Power Engineer Career Accelerator is an introductory program of basic safety certifications and workplace readiness.
Upon completion of training with WBF, students will transition to Lakeland College for their 4th Class Power Engineering training. After becoming 4th Class Certified, the students will return to Lakeland College to complete their 3rd Class Power Engineering training.
*Lakeland College’s accredited Power Engineer program is a two-year program.
Courses and Skills
- Standard First Aid – CPR A & AED
- Confined Space Entry Level 1
- H2S Alive
- Best Practices for Working in Construction
- Career Development
- Drawing and Blueprint Reading
- Math Review
- Applicants must meet Lakeland College’s Power Engineer program requirements
- Successful completion of fitness screening (35lb lift/carry)
- Successful completion of drug & alcohol assessment
- Alberta Class 5 Drivers’ License
Applicants will also need to complete a variety of steps as part of their application.
- Tuition is funded by our program sponsors Pembina Pipeline and Inter Pipeline.
- Applicants will be required to pay the application fee and tuition costs to Lakeland’s Power Engineer program.
- Financial support may be available to support students in this program.
This program provides an opportunity for paid learning and employment across Alberta with the program sponsors, Pembina Pipeline and Inter Pipeline.
Sign up for program updates and you’ll be the first to find out when this program is accepting applications again.