Power Engineer Career Accelerator
Power Engineer Career Accelerator is a readiness program prior to attending Lakeland College’s accredited Power Engineer program.
- Program Length
- 3 weeks
- Currently Offered In
Power Engineer Career Accelerator is a 3-week program of workplace readiness and safety certifications prior to attending Lakeland College’s accredited Power Engineer program.
During Lakeland’s program, students will be required to complete a 6-week unpaid work placement and have the opportunity to do this with one of the Power Engineer Career Accelerator sponsors: Pembina Pipeline or Inter Pipeline.
After completing the co-op term, students will take the Alberta Boilers Safety Association (ABSA) Part A & B exam and become 4th class certified power engineers. Once certified, students will then complete a 4-month paid internship with one of the program sponsors and then finalize their 3rd class training with Lakeland College.
Courses and Skills
- Drawing & Blueprint Basics and Basic Tools
- Best Practices for Working in Construction
- First Aid CPR & AED
- H2S Alive
- Confined Space Entry Level 1
- Construction Safety Training Program (CSTS)
- Alberta Class 5 Drivers’ License (not required but recommended)
- Applicants must meet Lakeland College’s Power Engineer program requirements: a high school diploma with a minimum of 50% in the following subjects: English 30-1 or 30-2, Math 30-1 or 65% in Math 30-2, Physics 20
- Successful completion of fitness screening (35lb lift/carry)
- Successful completion of drug & alcohol assessment
- Applicants must be fully vaccinated. For more information, click here.
Tuition is funded by our program sponsors Pembina Pipeline and Inter Pipeline. Applicants will be required to pay the application fee and tuition costs to Lakeland’s Power Engineer program. Financial support may be available through Women Building Futures & Lakeland College to support students of this program.
This program provides an opportunity for paid learning and employment with the program sponsors. Applicants must be willing to attend training in Lloydminster and work in various locations across Alberta.
There are currently no Intakes available for this Program.
Sign up for program updates and you’ll be the first to find out when this program is accepting applications again.