Syncrude Heavy Equipment Operator
This program is designed to prepare students with the essential entry hands-on skills to begin a career as a heavy equipment operator.
- Program Length
- 2 weeks classroom followed by 1 year paid co-op
- Currently Offered In
- Fort McMurray
Heavy equipment operators drive and operate many different types of equipment including: heavy hauler trucks, crawler dozers, graders, hydraulic and electric shovels, as well as other heavy equipment up to 400 tons.
Courses and Skills
– Standard First Aid – CPR A & AED
– CSTS &WHMIS
– Fire Extinguisher Training
-Common Safety Orientation (CSO)
– Proof of residence in Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo (3 month minimum)
– Class 5 Drivers License (non-graduated)
– High School Diploma/GED or transcripts
Tuition for this program is funded by Syncrude.
Upon completion of this program, students will be prepared to begin an entry level role as a heavy equipment operator with Syncrude in Fort McMurray. Students will receive ongoing support from a WBF Alumni Advisor during training and the paid co-op terms to ensure career success.
There are currently no Intakes available for this Program.
Sign up for program updates and you’ll be the first to find out when this program is accepting applications again.