This 4-week program offers the essential safety certification, hands-on skills, and workplace awareness to begin working in the construction industry.
- Program Length
- 4 weeks
- Currently Offered In
Construction Bootcamp is a four-week classroom and hands-on skills training program. This program is designed to prepare you to succeed as an entry-level worker in the construction industry.
Courses and Skills
- Basic safety certifications (CSTS, WHMIS, First Aid & CPR, Fall Protection, etc.)
- Hands-on carpentry skills training and blueprint reading
- Workplace culture and financial literacy
- Interview & resume workshops to support employment
- Ongoing mentorship and support through alumni advisors
What you need to apply
- Must be an Alberta resident
- A class 5 drivers’ license (recommended)
- Applicants must be fully vaccinated. For more information, click here.
We do not require a high school diploma for this program; however, applicants will take an assessment for basic math, science, and reading skills and will need to meet a minimum score.
- Tuition for this program is sponsored by the Government of Alberta
- Additional funding and awards may be available to support living expenses while in the program.
Upon completion, graduates will be interviewed with WBF Employment Partners for potential employment in an entry-level construction role.
Graduates of this program are likely to secure employment as a general labourer or construction trades helper.
January 31, 2022 - February 25, 2022
- Application Deadline
- November 26, 2021
This is a 4-week introductory program designed to introduce you to the construction industry.
Attend an Upcoming Information Session