Professional Class 1 Driver
This program prepares you to start a career with a Class 1 Drivers’ Licence and drive semi-trailers, truck tractors and tractor trailers.
- Program Length
- 8 weeks
- Currently Offered In
This program covers essential safety certifications and the hands-on training needed to support and prepare students to successfully obtain a Class 1 license under the Government of Alberta’s mandatory entry-level training.
Courses and Skills
- Basic safety certifications
- Driver training and practice time with licensed drivers
- Workplace culture and financial literacy
- Interview & resume workshops to support employment
- Ongoing mentorship and support through alumni advisors
What you need to apply:
- Class 5 Driver’s License (no GDL)
- A clean 5-year Driver’s Abstract
- Must be an Alberta resident
Applicants will also need to complete a variety of steps as part of their application.
- Tuition for this program is sponsored by WBF partners.
- Additional funding and awards may be available to support living expenses while in the program.
Upon completion, graduates will be interviewed with WBF Employment Partners for potential employment as a Professional Class 1 Driver. Our graduates are working as local, short haul, and long-haul professional truck drivers