Professional Class 1 Driver
This program prepares you to start a career with a Class 1 Drivers’ Licence and drive semi-trailers, truck tractors and tractor trailers.
- Program Length
- 8 weeks
- Currently Offered In
- Fort McMurray
This program covers essential safety certifications and the hands-on training needed to support and prepare students to successfully obtain a Class 1 license under the Government of Alberta’s mandatory entry-level training.
Courses and Skills
- Basic safety certifications
- Driver training and practice time with licensed drivers
- Workplace culture and financial literacy
- Interview & resume workshops to support employment
- Ongoing mentorship and support through alumni advisors
What you need to apply:
- Class 5 Driver’s License (no GDL)
- A clean 5-year Driver’s Abstract
- Must be an Alberta resident
- Tuition for this program is sponsored by WBF partners.
- Additional funding and awards may be available to support living expenses while in the program.
Upon completion, graduates will be interviewed with WBF Employment Partners for potential employment as a Professional Class 1 Driver. Our graduates are working as local, short haul, and long-haul professional truck drivers
There are currently no Intakes available for this Program.
Sign up for program updates and you’ll be the first to find out when this program is accepting applications again.