Vestas Wind Turbine Technician Readiness
A program designed to prepare you to become an entry-level wind turbine technician. This program is sponsored by Vestas.
- Program Length
- 3 weeks
- Currently Offered In
This three-week readiness program, offered in collaboration with Vestas, will prepare you to begin a career working in the renewable energy sector as an entry-level wind turbine technician.
Courses and Skills
- Specialized safety certifications and first aid training
- Hands-on skills training with wind turbines
- Workplace culture
- Financial literacy
- Interview & resume workshops to support employment
- Ongoing mentorship and support through alumni advisors
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A class 5 drivers’ license (no GDL)
- A 3-year clean driver’s abstract
- Clean criminal record check
- Must be willing and able to travel to one of Vestas’ training centres in North America to participate in their onboarding training.
Applicants will also need to complete a variety of steps as part of their application.
- Tuition for this program is sponsored by Vestas
- Applicants are responsible for covering costs related to their application
- Additional funding and awards may be available to support living expenses while in the program
Students will have the opportunity to formally interview with Vestas for a position as a Level 1 Service Technician.
Sign up for program updates and you’ll be the first to find out when this program is accepting applications again.