Vestas Wind Turbine Technician Readiness
A program designed to prepare you to become an entry-level wind turbine technician. This program is sponsored by Vestas.
- Program Length
- 4 weeks
- Currently Offered In
This 4-week readiness program, offered in collaboration with Vestas, will prepare you to begin a career working in the renewable energy sector as an entry-level wind turbine technician.
Courses and Skills
- Specialized safety certifications and first aid training
- Hands-on skills training with wind turbines
- Workplace culture and financial literacy
- Blueprint schematics
- Interview & resume workshops to support employment
- Ongoing mentorship and support through alumni advisors
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A class 5 drivers’ license (no GDL)
- A 3-year clean driver’s abstract
- Criminal background check
- Must be willing and able to travel to the United States and have a valid passport in order to participate in the onboarding training with Vestas in Portland
Applicants will also need to complete a variety of steps as part of their application.
- Tuition for this program is sponsored by Vestas
- Applicants are responsible for covering costs related to their application
- Additional funding and awards may be available to support living expenses while in the program
Students will have the opportunity to formally interview with Vestas for a position as a Level 1 Service Technician.
February 13, 2023 - March 10, 2023
- Application Deadline
- November 27, 2022
A 4-week program designed to prepare you to become an entry-level wind turbine technician with Vestas.
Register for an upcoming information session