Vestas Wind Turbine Technician Readiness
A program designed to prepare you to become an entry-level wind turbine technician. This program is sponsored by Vestas and will be hosted at Lethbridge College.
- Program Length
- 4 weeks
- Currently Offered In
This 4-week readiness program, offered in collaboration with Vestas and Lethbridge College, will prepare you to begin a career working in the renewable energy sector as an entry-level wind turbine technician.
Courses and Skills
- Basic safety certifications and first aid training
- Hands-on skills training with wind turbines
- Workplace culture and financial literacy
- Blueprint schematics
- Interview & resume workshops to support employment
- Ongoing mentorship and support through alumni advisors
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A class 5 drivers’ license (no GDL)
- A driver’s abstract with no major infractions
- Criminal background check
- Must be willing and able to travel to the United States and have a valid passport in order to participate in the onboarding training with Vestas in Portland
Applicants will also need to complete a variety of steps as part of their application.
- Tuition for this program is sponsored by Vestas
- Applicants are responsible for covering costs related to their application
- Additional funding and awards may be available to support living expenses while in the program
Students will have the opportunity to formally interview with Vestas for a position as a Level 1 Service Technician.
There are currently no Intakes available for this Program.
Sign up for program updates and you’ll be the first to find out when this program is accepting applications again.