Vestas Wind Turbine Technician Readiness
A program designed to prepare you to become an entry-level wind turbine technician. This program is sponsored by Vestas and will be hosted at Lethbridge College.
- Program Length
- 4 weeks
- Currently Offered In
This 4-week readiness program, offered in collaboration with Vestas and Lethbridge College, will prepare you to begin a career working in the renewable energy sector as an entry-level wind turbine technician.
Courses and Skills
- Basic safety certifications and first aid training
- Hands-on skills training with wind turbines
- Workplace culture and financial literacy
- Blueprint schematics
- Interview & resume workshops to support employment
- Ongoing mentorship and support through alumni advisors
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A class 5 drivers’ license (no GDL)
- A driver’s abstract with no major infractions
- Criminal background check
- Must be willing and able to travel and have a valid passport
- Applicants must be fully vaccinated. For more information click here.
Applicants will also need to complete a variety of steps as part of their application.
- Tuition for this program is sponsored by Vestas
- Applicants are responsible for covering costs related to their application
- Additional funding and awards may be available to support living expenses while in the program
Students will have the opportunity to formally interview with Vestas for a position as a Level 1 Service Technician.
April 4, 2022 - May 3, 2022
- Application Deadline
- March 7, 2022
This 4-week program will prepare you to begin a career in renewable energy as an entry-level wind turbine technician.
Attend an Upcoming Information Session