This program prepares you with the safety certification, hands-on skills, and workplace awareness to begin working in the rail industry.
- Program Length
- 5 weeks
- Currently Offered In
Industrial Rail is a 5-week classroom and hands-on skills training program. This program is designed to prepare you for entry-level work in the rail industry.
Students will receive necessary safety tickets as well as theoretical and practical training from Canadian Heartland Training Railway Services.
Courses and Skills
- Specialized safety certifications and first aid training
- Hands-on skills training
- Workplace culture and financial literacy
- Interview & resume workshops to support employment
- Ongoing mentorship and support through alumni advisors
What you need to apply
- High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Must be an Alberta resident
- A Class 5 drivers’ licence (recommended)
- A 3 year driver’s abstract without major infractions
- Successful completion of fitness screening (50lb lift/carry) and drug & alcohol test
Applicants will also need to complete a variety of steps as part of their application
- Tuition for this program is funded by WBF employment partners and the Government of Alberta.
- Additional funding and awards may be available to support living expenses while in the program.
Upon completion, graduates will interview with WBF Employment Partners for potential employment in Alberta’s Heartland region. Typical entry-level roles include Transloader, Rail Operator/Helper, Switchperson, or Track Maintainer.
May 23, 2023 - June 23, 2023
- Application Deadline
- March 5, 2023
A 5-week classroom and hands-on skills training program designed to prepare you for entry-level work in the rail industry.
Register for an upcoming information session