Employment Express is a program designed to get you to work quickly with the essential skills to get started. This program is delivered in collaboration with employment partners.
- Program Length
- 3-4 weeks
- Currently Offered In
This program will introduce students to various entry level positions within various industries such as construction, maintenance, chemical manufacturing, supply chain and more.
Employment Express is delivered in collaboration with WBF Employment Partners and starts with 2 weeks of basic safety certifications and workplace readiness training. After 2-weeks of safety basics and readiness with WBF, students will move into employment training with a partner and begin working.
Courses and Skills
Students will receive the following certifications and introductory training to ensure successful entry to employment:
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) 2020
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- First Aid CPR A & AED
- Fire Extinguisher Safety
- WBF Best Practices (workplace culture & readiness)
- Basic fitness and health for productive work
- Math Review
- Resume Building Workshop and Interview Preparation
- Applicants must be currently unemployed
- Class 5 Driver’s License (recommended)
- Successful completion of an Essential Skills Test
- Successful completion of a drug & alcohol and fitness test (25lb lift)
- Applicants must be fully vaccinated. For more information, click here.
Tuition for this program is funded by the Government of Alberta and WBF Employment Partners.
Upon completion of training with WBF, students will transition to entry level skills training with industry partners and move into full-time employment.
There are currently no Intakes available for this Program.
Sign up for program updates and you’ll be the first to find out when this program is accepting applications again.